Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wrong Again

The lead up to the wedding was a lot of fun. There was a lot of time between finding out I was going to be a bridesmaid, and then becoming one. Time for thinking and planning.

One of my thoughts was that, gee, my two fellow-bridesmaid sisters and I all three have um, fashionable glasses. Much like how my dad had fashionable glasses in his high school pictures that we love to laugh over. And we would all be in the wedding party. Which would be photographed and remembered for many years to come.

I didn't think Micah and Heather would want people looking at wedding pictures and instantly saying, "Oh! So you guys were married in 2009, eh?" So I discussed with my sisters and we agreed not to wear our glasses (of course). I was glad that I had one pair of disposable contacts left from, like, three years ago or something. I planned to wear them on the wedding day.

Soon after that, I found out I was pregnant. Oh! Well. My mother did a fantastic job of adjusting my bridesmaid dress for me so I was okay there. But another problem arose. My legs.

So I have varicose veins and sort of have to wear medical support hose (during pregnancy, only) which I hate. This was a California wedding and not the kind you wear ANY hose to, much less thick, off-color very MEDICAL LOOKING hose.

First it was my vanity. I didn't WANT my legs to look ugly at the wedding! That wore off pretty soon, since hellonobodybutmecareshowmylegslook, but then I realized how distracting these hose might be. I told Heather and Micah about my plight, just so they wouldn't ever happen to look down and wonder WHAT I WAS THINKING wearing those hose to their wedding! Micah promised not to ask me why I looked like such a freak and I decided not to worry about other people.

Then on the long drive to the airport I realized I'd forgotten to pack my contacts. Crap. Oh well.

So there I'd be in my very rectangular red glasses and not-very-skin-color, very medical stockings. I tried to be okay with ruining my brother's wedding a little.

The thing is, I didn't know that those things would be NOTHING compared to how I would actually ruin the wedding!

That story to come. (and I didn't actually ruin their wedding, but. . . well. . . you'll see)

No comments:

Post a Comment