Thursday, March 12, 2009

Overcast


By the time I finish typing this they will be gone.  I love them.  They bring me an enormous amount of joy, an immesurable sense of calm.  

They make me want- no, need -  to curl up under a soft blanket and read a good book.  They are the only thing that makes a cup of hot cocoa or tea sound good.  

I used to be terrified of them.  Any time they would start creeping in I would try to find something to distract myself.  When they brought thunder I froze in horror.  Surely I would die this time.
 
Now I look forward to the next thunderstorm.  If the clouds come quietly,  without the ostentatious show, I still love them.  I can appreciate their huge, billowing mass; the layers of varying shades of grey, almost black in places.  

The dull light filtering in through the windows uplifts me.  
I don't know why.

picture from Near Worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment