Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mother and Baby Well (etc. etc.)

Spencer Joseph
Born December 18th 9:40 am
9 lb. (4100g) 23.5 inches (60cm)


Thoughts and Observations
  • I was not remotely surprised to see how muscular his skinny legs are.
  • Some babies are apparently born without eyebrows.
  • Always after spending so much time looking at my own babies in the hospital I am shocked at how cute other people's infants are when I look at theirs. Our babies just aren't that cute (and are often quite the contrary: proof below). But they are OURS. (and plus they grow out of it).
  • Spencer looks so much like all our other babies. I have not yet taken a picture that captures it, but they always look like wise old men. There is something in their eyes (and their bald and wrinkliness).
  • The above fact is rather fitting, since Spencer is named after two wise old men (as I knew them): Spencer W. Kimball and my Grandpa (Spencer's great-grandpa) Joe.
  • Spencer is sweet as can be.
  • I am extremely grateful about so many things over the past few days.
  • Greg and I thought bringing this baby home was the perfect gift for us to give each other on our anniversary today (12 years!).
  • Baby and I really ARE both doing very well.
  • For those with inquiring minds more details about the birth in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment