Thursday, July 10, 2008

Estrangement

It appears as though I may have damaged my relationship with spell checker beyond repair. I never meant to offend him. That post was only meant as a playful, teasy thing. Still, since about that time, spell checker has been refusing me his services, with a sort of, "You obviously don't appreciate and value me, so why should I work for you?" attitude.

I now understand that maybe spell checker does have (and is entitled to) an opinion, and the one he has of me is very low, I guess. He doesn't even want to associate with me. I can't say that I blame him. That was rather rude of me to trash talk him to all of you right in front of his... microchips, or whatever.

So I am sending out this brief message by way of apology, in hopes that we can make up and and that SC will stop giving me these blank stares whenever I click on the "ABC check".

Is blogger's spell check still working for you?

[OH MY HECK] I just hit spell check after writing this, and for the first time in **weeks** I got some yellow highlighting from it. 95% of the words were highlighted! Ninety-five! (or so) It's TOTALLY communicating with me! I have no idea what it's trying to say, though. Maybe, "you want highlighting? I'll give you highlighting!" Or maybe it's trying to make up for all the words it hasn't highlighted for me over the weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment