Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Asked for It

So I'm not a big fan of pictures of myself in general. And it's much worse when I've got the bad cut and dork glasses, which Nathan was right about in his comment on the original hair post (in that it was an unpleasant surprise when I put them on and was able to actually SEE how they look from farther than one nose length away--although for me that may be farther than it is for some).

I had Greg take a couple pictures, all of which gave me the neck of a football player, and were therefore unuseable (obviously). I decided it might be less objectionable and more informative if I shot some video so you could see all three dimensions of it. So Evie shot some for me, and I was being an excellent guide and explaining everything for y'all. Then we realized that the cheap little camera we were using doesn't have a mic. Good thing I've got the gestures going on so you know where you're supposed to look and everything. I present you with 10 seconds of Lisa's new hair and glasses:



Then I decided to also try another shot, but this time holding Aaron to bring this post a much needed element of cuteness that was desperately lacking with just the video. He doesn't have a new haircut, but he's got some glasses that he loves to wear around the house (they were Evie's and that's why they have flowers on them. That's also why he only wears them around the house.) Evie took this one for us, too! If this continues, I may have to increase her allowance! Oh wait, she doesn't get an allowance.

Then I thought, as long as I was addressing commenters, I might as well address Andrea, who mentioned-also in the comments- having once flipped my hair up. I think I might sort of vaguely remember that, but one thing I DO know is that I love hair flipped up! With this haircut I can flip it up in the back, as well as doing it under as seen here. I dislike it both ways equally. But I think Evie looks the cutest with her hair flipped.



So, if you feel inclined to comment, keep in mind that a) I'm very into honesty, and b) you can't go wrong, as you'll either be commiserating with me, or assuring me that it's not as bad as it seems. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment