Thursday, April 9, 2009

2 Aaron

I'm considering titling all future posts with a number and then some kind of noun. 

I love chocolate (birthday) cake for breakfast. 

If, on your two year old's second birthday, he is unable to hold up two fingers (and says "Doo!" (two) while holding up all five fingers) it's okay.  Especially if he does a super cute and rather convincing impression of finger snapping when he's dancing or listening to music.  

It's very hard to teach your child to stop telling everyone "NO!"  Or "No, no!"  when a) your usual method of discipline, and the first that comes to you to get him to stop this behavior, is to tell him "No."  or "No, no"  and b) you can't stop yourself from at least smiling when he comes close to your face and slowly and sternly says, nodding with each repetition "Nooo, nooooo."  (I love when I tell him it's time to change his diaper and he comes and does this in my face.)

I really can't believe he's two.  In many ways I love how he's stayed a bit more dependent and I can still call him my baby.  He's a little angel and has helped our family through lots of changes and stresses this past year.  Love that kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment