Thursday, August 20, 2009

Double Standard

Why is it that I just love when one kid does something, but hate when another does?

Take KICKING for example:

Older children doing it to each other? NOT cute.

Children in my tummy doing it (when I'm less than nine months pregnant)? VERY cute.

Funny how that works.

And speaking of weird stuff, yesterday Greg and I came back from the doctor and our friend, who had stayed with the kids said, "I think Aaron had an accident," and showed us the huge wet spot on the couch.

Both Greg and I were nonplussed.* First of all, Aaron doesn't really have accidents, especially not more than a drip. Also, he wears a pull up so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Then David answered our confusion with the beginning of an explanation, "We were doing something and it was so funny. . ." And both Greg and I were no longer confused. It was seven year old David who'd peed on the couch, not Aaron. Now we understood.

The two year old isn't expected to have an accident, but it's a very common occurrence with the seven year old. Poor boy. He got it from me. I remember the days of hoping nobody would make me laugh too hard. Maybe he'll outgrow it, too, by the time he's 25 or so.

*(I put that in there for you, Sus)

No comments:

Post a Comment