Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Brings You To These Parts?

I love when people share some of the search words that brought people to their blog. I especially love when Alison Wonderland does it. That link will take you to my favorite "Whatcha Lookin' For Wednesday" of hers so far.

The only problem is that Alison comes up with the best responses ever, and I can't do that, so I'll just share the key words and what I think about them (this is probably what she was doing, too, but she's just naturally SO funny.)

teenager shaky stomach pain cough - Not funny really at all. I feel so bad to have wasted this poor person's time (probably a mother), since I'm pretty sure it took her to my post about breaking into my house when my arms were shaky and my stomach was a flutter. I doubt this teenager experienced these symptoms as a result of having tried to climb up and over a balcony.

lessons learned in "candy freak" This one was a lot more hilarious to me before I realized that Erin had actually left a comment recommending the book Candy Freak. It was mostly linking to that. I really do need to get my hands on that book. . .

thick rectangular glasses super dork of the universe I'm sure most people have thought all these words together, but me and the searcher were the only two that typed them up. I feel quite a bond with this person. Too bad it doesn't give email address when it tells you what the person was searching for.

"cared for still" What was this person hoping to find? Probably not a post about the spiders in our garage. . .

is it bad manners not to say goodbye to polish family visitors I'm not sure their being Polish comes into play here. Maybe this person was hoping that it was good Polish etiquette to ignore departing relatives.

Brownies or dried fruit and nuts + which is more healthy If you honestly think that fruit and nuts might be less healthy why would you even ask? EAT THE BROWNIES!!!

And speaking of eating brownies, on Sunday I made my favorite brownies which I love love love. I was short an egg which somehow made them extra fudgey and I was out of milk chocolate and used white instead. These brownies were so good I could NOT stop eating them. Not like I just kept wanting to eat them because they were so delicious, but like I COULD NOT STOP EATING THEM.

And accidentally it was during the day (yesterday). I was eating brownies during the day. I forgot the rule about never leaving the spatula or knife or whatever you use to "accidentally" make a crooked edge that has to be corrected crookedly in the opposite direction etc. etc. etc. in the pan! I know that rule. I just forgot it Sunday night before bed and in the morning I started correcting. Then I told myself that I was very, very bad and I wasn't getting any brownies for dessert as punishment. Then Greg didn't eat his after dinner (he recently saw those pictures he's supposed to scan for me of us when we were dating where I'm fatter than I am now and he's thinner than he is now. . .) for dessert so I ate it for him. I'm going to try to not make ANY dessert tonight to compensate.

So I'm feeling slightly low about pigging out on the brownies (or mostly that I don't get dessert tonight) and also about not being hilarious like Alison (not really, I'm okay about that), but then I remembered about THIS:



Pam at McEwens gave it to me!! Thanks so much, Pam!! I don't feel terribly creative in general, so this was a nice surprise.

I'm going to break the trend and pass this on to only one person. I think awards would be much more awesome if you only chose ONE person to give it to who you think really meets the requirements. Of course we want to give awards to everyone we read because we read them because we love them (I hope!), but I want to choose one truly creative blogger here.

Nance at Wash Your Hands Afterwards writes about everything. Seriously everything. I think that means she's truly a creative blogger. As in her blogging is creative, and not necessarily just the things she says shows that she's creative (so many of you guys are creative in different ways).

So she gets it!

I'm off to NOT eat any brownies or anything else until tomorrow evening. *sigh* Maybe I'll settle for some dried fruit and nuts since it'll probably be less healthy than brownies anyway! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment